- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- calories 153
- fat 6.2 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- protein 10.7 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 411 mg
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- fiber 2.9 g
- calcium 270 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Steam broccoli and cauliflower, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well; set aside.
Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
Place flour in a small saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
Combine vegetables and cheese sauce, stirring well to coat. Spoon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.