- 2 (16-ounce) packages fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Cheddar Cheese Cream Sauce
- 2 (8-ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (2-ounce) jars diced pimientos, drained (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Place half of broccoli florets in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Add 1/4 cup water, and microwave at HIGH 7 minutes or until tender; drain. Repeat with remaining half of broccoli and 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; sauté onion 7 minutes or until tender.
Combine broccoli, onion, Cheddar Cheese Cream Sauce, sliced water chestnuts, salt, and, if desired, pimientos. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with Cheddar cheese; bake 30 to 35 more minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.