I found this on Pinterest, came here for the recipe, and took it to a Christmas potluck. I made a few changes to adapt to what I had on hand: light mayo, cream of chicken soup, 2 bags frozen chopped broccoli (steamed in microwave), less butter, and only half a sleeve of Ritz. Very good!
Mix pantry staples with broccoli to create a comforting casserole that works for weeknights as well as holiday spreads. If the kids enjoy this recipe, try other veggie-loaded casseroles to sneak nutrients in their meals.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 550mg
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed (1/3 of a 12 oz. box)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- Mix soup, eggs, mayonnaise, cheese, butter and pepper in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and combined.
- Drain broccoli; spread evenly in baking dish. Pour cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with crackers. Bake for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note