Terrific recipe that will be a regular "go to" from now on. The preparation was easy and the flavor and consistency of the dish was wonderful without the usual mayo and soup based versions. I made a couple of minor changes using brown rice and for the cheese did half parmesan and half mozzarella....
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr
When my kids were at home this dish was a frequent request. It's quick to put together for nights when you're on the run, and leftovers can easily be stored in the refrigerator. CLReader.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 19.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Calcium: 304mg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup drained canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 4 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat 4 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Add the broccoli, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles