- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 cup scraped, sliced, or shredded carrot
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Remove broccoli leaves and cut off tough ends of stalks; discard. Wash broccoli thoroughly and cut into flowerets. Blanch broccoli in boiling water 10 seconds. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking; drain well.
- Combine broccoli, carrot, and cheese, tossing gently. Combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar; stir well. Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
- Spoon broccoli mixture onto lettuce-lined salad plates, if desired, using a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with bacon and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This