- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 golden beets, trimmed (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound broccoli with stalks
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- calories 251
- fat 15.3 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 6.3 g
- polyfat 4.4 g
- protein 9 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 531 mg
- calcium 159 mg
How to Make It
To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
To prepare salad, combine onion, cider vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a zip-top plastic bag. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
Steam beets, covered, 35 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain; peel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Combine 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and beets, tossing to coat.
Peel broccoli stalks; cut into quarters lengthwise. Steam broccoli, covered, 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine remaining vinaigrette, broccoli, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl; toss to coat.
Divide broccoli evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with beets and onions. Sprinkle with walnuts, sprouts, capers, and cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.