Broccoli Beef Pie (Swiss cheese and cream cheese)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2/3 cup(s) shortening
- 6 to 8 tablespoon(s) cold water
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cup(s) chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- • In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to plate; trim even with edge.
- • In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broccoli, Swiss cheese, cream cheese, egg, 1/2 cup milk, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spoon into crust.
- • Roll out remaining dough to fit top of dish; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut slits in top. Brush pastry with remaining milk. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note