• In a small saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
• In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and onion. Remove from the heat and set aside.
• Combine the biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Add remaining cheddar cheese; stir until blended. With well-floured hands, pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
• Spoon meat mixture over dough; top with broccoli. Combine the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pour over broccoli.
• Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. SPINACH BEEF PIE: Substitute spinach for the broccoli and Swiss cheese for the cheddar cheese.
Go to full version of