Broccoli Beef Pie
From Marie Giegerich: Dubuque, Iowa. Recipe published in Country Ground Beef.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 4-ounce can(s) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 cup(s) biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- For a SPINACH BEEF PIE, substitute
- 2 cup(s) cooked chopped spinach for the broccoli
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese for the Cheddar
- • In a small saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- • In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and onion. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- • Combine the biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Add remaining cheddar cheese; stir until blended. With well-floured hands, pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- • Spoon meat mixture over dough; top with broccoli. Combine the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pour over broccoli.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. SPINACH BEEF PIE: Substitute spinach for the broccoli and Swiss cheese for the cheddar cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note