Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 455
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Sodium: 759mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- 6 cups broccoli florets (1 lb.)
- 1 onion (6 oz.)
- 2 cups fat-skimmed beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black bean and garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound dried spaghetti or soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1/2 pound ground lean beef
- Soy sauce
- 1. In a covered 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan over high heat, bring 2 1/2 to 3 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse broccoli. Trim stems and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut florets lengthwise into 1-inch pieces. Peel onion and cut into thin slivers. In a small bowl, mix broth, black bean sauce, and cornstarch.
- 3. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook, uncovered, until barely tender to bite, 6 to 9 minutes. Pour into a colander, rinse with hot water, and drain.
- 4. Return pan to high heat and pour in oil. Add beef and stir often, breaking up with spoon, until lightly browned and crumbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion and stir until it begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- 5. Add broccoli and 1/2 cup water; cover and stir occasionally until bright green, about 2 minutes. Stir broth mixture, add to pan, and stir until boiling.
- 6. Add noodles to pan; stir over medium heat until hot and coated with sauce, about 1 minute. Add soy sauce to taste. Pour into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes