Broccoli Beef Lo Mein
From Joan Crandall: Burlington, Connecticut. Select firm broccoli stalks with compact, deep green florets. Store unwashed in an airtight plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. One pound of broccoli yields about 3-1/2 cups florets. Recipe published in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook.
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup(s) bean sprouts
- 1 4 1/2-ounce jar(s) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 8-ounce can(s) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounce(s) vermicelli or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 cup(s) broccoli florets, cooked
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) oyster sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- • In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bean sprouts, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the vermicelli, broccoli, soy sauce, oyster sauce if desired and ginger; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note