I enjoyed making this with my daughter. My only suggestion is to buy the seamless crescent rolls.
Broccoli Beef Braids
This filling sandwich looks fancy but is really simple to make. Each slice is packed with ground beef, broccoli and cheese. Served with a green salad, this beefy sandwich makes a terrific lunch or dinner. From Penny Lapp: North Royalton, Ohio. Recipe published in Country Woman July/August 1999
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 cup(s) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 8-ounce tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- • In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the broccoli, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
- • Unroll one tube of dough on a greased baking sheet; seal the seams and perforations, forming a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread half of beef mixture lengthwise down the center. On each side, cut 1-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center.
- • Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Repeat.
- • Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note