A picnic favorite, this salad combines broccoli, water chestnuts, cranberries and just a little bacon for delicious results. Our version has plenty of creaminess without all the fat. Make it once and it will become a regular on your backyard barbecue menu.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) low fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) cider vingar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) broccoli crowns finely chopped
- 8 ounce(s) water chestnuts canned
- 3 ounce(s) bacon cooked
- 3 tablespoon(s) cranberries dried
- Whisk garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Add broccoli, water chestnuts, bacon, cranberries and pepper; stir to coat with the dressing.
- Cook’s Tip
- Most supermarkets sell broccoli crowns, which are the tops of the bunches, with the stalks cut off. Although crowns are more expensive than entire bunches, they are convenient and there is considerably less waste.
- To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JaneMay and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli-Bacon Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables