A little too much vinegar for my taste but still a good salad.
Broccoli and Apple Salad
Sweet, crunchy apple and broccoli create a refreshing, light side dish. Prepare this salad up to eight hours in advance for best flavor and texture.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) head of broccoli
- 1 1/4 cups chopped Braeburn or Fuji apple (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup minced Walla Walla or other sweet onion
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Coarsely chop broccoli into 1 1/2-inch pieces, and place in bowl with vinegar mixture. Add chopped apple and minced onion, tossing to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli and Apple Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine
Food & Wine