Broccoli and cheddar skillet flan
Active time: 10 minutes Start to finish: 35 minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Rounded 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 1lb bag frozen hash browns, thawed in microwave
- 1 10 oz box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat over to 375.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, pepper, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until combined, then whisk in Cheddar and 3 tablespoon parmesan.
- Heat oil in well-seasoned 10 inch cast iron skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute shallot, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add hash browns and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Spread potatoes evenly in skillet and cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and spread broccoli over potatoes, then pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake until set 2 inches from edge but still slightly wobbly in center, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn on broiler. Broil 4 to 5 minutes from heat until top is set, puffed, and golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by philtoe50 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli and cheddar skillet flan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes