Greasy, fatty and not tasty enough for the calories. As other reviews have stated - there are easy ways to do this. Just wasn't impressed enough to try it again even with the modifications.
Broccoli-and-Cheddar Mini Quiches
Who needs a pie pan or pastry dough when you've got muffin tins? This quiche recipe combines the standard custard mixture with steamed broccoli and cheddar cheese baked into muffin-sized mini quiches. These are the perfect breakfast treats for your little ones—especially if you have a daily broccoli battle on your hands!
Little quiches fit perfectly in little hands. Best of all, they can be served for any meal of the day. If you're feeling brave, try adding other fresh vegetables or leftover meat to this recipe.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated fat: 23g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 332mg
- Sodium: 535mg
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup milk (do not use skim)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Grease 8 cups in a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside. Pour 1 inch of water into a large saucepan and put in a steamer basket. Place broccoli in steamer basket, cover pot, turn heat to high and let cook until broccoli is just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Let broccoli cool slightly, then chop into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs and egg yolks. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add chopped broccoli.
- Put muffin tin on baking sheet, then ladle egg mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup. Bake until lightly browned and no longer jiggly in center, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then run a knife around each quiche. Put a clean baking sheet on top of muffin pan and invert to unmold quiches. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note