Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin with cheddar cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 4 cup(s) cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Butter a 2-inch-deep 2-quart baking dish. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil, add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook just until fragrant. Off the heat, add the broccoli and cauliflower and toss. Toss half of the cheese and the olives with the vegetables. Transfer to the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, toss the crumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cheese. Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the crumbs are golden. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jadell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin with cheddar cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles