This is one of our favorite recipes for the holidays. I follow the directions with one adjustment - I use equal amounts of parmesan and cheddar (we love cheese!). It's not a very healthy recipe but it's good once or twice a year as a treat for the holidays. We never have a problem with the mayo not melting down. Just make sure you MIX the cheese, mayo, mustard, etc. together very well before spreading it on top. I've also made this without steaming the veggies first and it works if you bake it longer. I've also omitted cauliflower when we didn't have it and it still turns out great with just the broccoli. Have used both reduced fat and regular mayo, and I like it better with regular, just a tip. I'm also a "seasoner" and hate bland recipes - I always add a touch of something to spice it up - but with this, I've never had to. It's very flavorful if you follow the directions and use the right ingredients. Don't substitute the dijon or the green onions!! :-)
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 (16-ounce) packages fresh broccoli and cauliflower flowerets
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Arrange flowerets in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- Arrange flowerets in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients. Spoon over flowerets. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables