Broccoli- and Cheddar-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 49.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 314mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 (8-ounce) baking potatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Scrub potatoes; prick each several times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until done. Cool slightly.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Cut a 1-inch-wide lengthwise strip from top of each potato; carefully scoop out potato pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Set shells aside. Place pulp, yogurt, and margarine in a medium bowl; mash until smooth. Add broccoli, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cheese, and next 5 ingredients; stir well. Fill potato shells with broccoli mixture. Place potatoes in an ungreased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and paprika. Return to oven, and bake 5additional minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables