My twist. Do not over cook the broccoli. Steam it. No need to drain anything. Chill, then pulse. I add a little sprinkle of sugar and kosher salt while steaming. I used sweet onion, radish a couple of Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cilantro and a jalapeño. I used lemon infused olive oil, rice wine vinegar, lemon, lime and little honey too. Greek seasoning. Then tossed in feta and Mozzeralla cheese. Toss, refrigerate and serve as a salad. Again, a different twist. Hope you enjoy.
Photo: Lisa Romerein
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 143
- Calories from fat: 85%
- Protein: 1.9g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound broccoli florets (from about 2 small heads)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced seeded tomato
- 2 serrano chiles, minced (seed if very hot)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook florets until crisp-tender, 5 minutes, then scoop into a large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain florets, then squeeze out as much water as possible with your hands.
- 2. Pulse broccoli in a food processor until finely chopped, then turn into a strainer and drain any liquid. Put in a medium bowl and stir in remaining ingredients. Season with more salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note