My family absolutely love these brownies. They are wonderful.
Broadway Brownie Bars
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened and divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Beat 3/4 cup cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup butter, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until blended. Set cream cheese batter aside.
- Microwave 1/2 cup butter and 1 square unsweetened chocolate in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until melted, stirring once.
- Beat 2 eggs at medium speed, and gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and beat until blended. Add 1 cup flour and baking powder, beating well. Add melted chocolate mixture, and beat until chocolate batter is blended. Stir in 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pour chocolate batter into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Top with cream cheese batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and chocolate morsels.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows, and bake 2 more minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup butter, remaining 1/4 cup cream cheese, remaining 1 square unsweetened chocolate, and milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt. Stir in powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle over brownies. Chill; cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts