• Rub oil over tenderloin; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
• Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
• In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, paprika and remaining salt. Chill until serving.
• Brush both sides of bread with butter; place on baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until toasted, turning once.
• Spread with sauce; top with beef. Garnish with watercress sprigs. Yield: 36 servings.
Go to full version of