British Tenderloin & Pumpernickel Crostini
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 18 slice(s) pumpernickel bread, halved
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 bunch(es) watercress
- • Rub oil over tenderloin; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- • In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, paprika and remaining salt. Chill until serving.
- • Brush both sides of bread with butter; place on baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until toasted, turning once.
- • Spread with sauce; top with beef. Garnish with watercress sprigs. Yield: 36 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note