- 2 uncooked bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-size white onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-lb.) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from can
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 10-12 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Crunchy Summer Salsa
How to Make It
Place bacon and onion in a 6- to 8-qt. slow cooker. Stir together salt and pepper; sprinkle over all sides of brisket. Place brisket in slow cooker.
Process broth and next 7 ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds or until smooth; pour mixture over brisket. Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Transfer brisket to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Pour sauce through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a medium saucepan, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in vinegar.
Coarsely chop brisket; spoon over warm tortillas. Drizzle with sauce, and top with Crunchy Summer Salsa.