Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Pick up brisket and sauce from your favorite barbecue joint.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded smoked beef brisket
- Barbecue sauce
- 1. Bring milk and 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Gradually whisk in grits and salt; return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until blended.
- 2. Layer brisket, grits, and Coleslaw in 12 (8-oz.) glasses; drizzle with barbecue sauce. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers