Brisket with Root Vegetables
For slow-cooked comfort, Brisket with Root Vegetables delivers every time. Put this one-dish meal in the slow cooker in the morning and dinner is ready and waiting 8 hours later!
More From Allyou
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 57g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
- Sodium: 525mg
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 3- to 4-lb. beef brisket
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Arrange sweet potato, turnip, carrots and parsnips in a slow cooker. Rub brisket with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Place brisket on top of vegetables. Pour broth into cooker. Cover and cook on low until beef is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- 2. Remove brisket to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Skim fat from pan juices. Slice brisket. Place meat on a plate with vegetables, spoon pan juices over, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note