Excellent combination of favors! Something very different for the night of leftovers after brisket.
Brisket and Rice Noodles with Pineapple Salsa
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Lydia Degaris Pursell
Pulled pork or cooked shrimp can stand in for the brisket.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 (8.8-oz.) package thin rice noodles
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 small Kirby cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 pound shredded smoked beef brisket, warm
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled Peppadew peppers
- 1/2 cup assorted torn mint, basil, and cilantro
- 1. Microwave 8 cups water and 1 Tbsp. kosher salt at HIGH in a large microwave-safe glass bowl 2 minutes. Submerge noodles in water; let stand 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss together pineapple and next 4 ingredients; add table salt and black pepper to taste.
- 3. Whisk together hoisin sauce, next 4 ingredients, and 2 Tbsp. water. Combine drained noodles and 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce mixture in a medium bowl, tossing to coat.
- 4. Divide lettuce among 4 bowls. Top with noodles, pineapple mixture, brisket, and peppers. Drizzle with desired amount of remaining hoisin mixture. Sprinkle with herbs, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This