Brisket 'n' Bean Burritos
Smokey bacon and tender beef make this an easy recipe. From Ruth Weatherford: Huntington Beach, California. Editor's Note: This is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 pounds)
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 8-ounce can(s) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 16-ounce can(s) refried beans
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa
- 1 4-ounce can(s) chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- • Place brisket in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with onion and bacon. Combine the tomato sauce, pepper and salt; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- • In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the refried beans, salsa and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks.
- • Layer the bean mixture, meat and cheese off-center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note