Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 medium onions
- 4 pound(s) brisket
- salt and pepper
- Place sliced onions in bottom of roaster.
- Season meat and place on top of onions (fat side down).
- Roast uncovered at 350 F for 3 – 3 ½ hours ( 45 min. per lb.)
- When roast is almost ready, turn oven off. Cover pan tightly with tin foil. Leave in oven until cool (about ¾ hour.) Refrigerate.
- Next day: Remove roast from roaster and slice width wise.
- Put slices back into the roaster with the gravy and onions.
- Cover and heat at 350 F for 1 hour. Potatoes may be added at this time and should be basted with the gravy. 8 – 10 servings.
- I can never find such a small brisket so I usually have one that closer to 5 or 6 pounds. Don’t forget, it will shrink to almost half its size.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Myra2010 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note