Community Recipe from
- 3 medium onions
- 4 pound(s) brisket
- salt and pepper
- Place sliced onions in bottom of roaster.
- Season meat and place on top of onions (fat side down).
- Roast uncovered at 350 F for 3 – 3 ½ hours ( 45 min. per lb.)
- When roast is almost ready, turn oven off. Cover pan tightly with tin foil. Leave in oven until cool (about ¾ hour.) Refrigerate.
- Next day: Remove roast from roaster and slice width wise.
- Put slices back into the roaster with the gravy and onions.
- Cover and heat at 350 F for 1 hour. Potatoes may be added at this time and should be basted with the gravy. 8 – 10 servings.
- I can never find such a small brisket so I usually have one that closer to 5 or 6 pounds. Don’t forget, it will shrink to almost half its size.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Myra2010 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes