Brie with Cranberry-Pecan Filling
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 351mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, plus 3 pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 wedge or round (8 oz.) firm-ripe brie cheese, chilled
- 1 baguette (8 oz.), thinly sliced
- 1. Place chopped pecans and pecan halves in a 9-inch pie pan. Bake in a 325° regular or convection oven, shaking pan once, until chopped nuts are golden under skin, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix toasted chopped nuts, cranberries, and orange peel.
- 3. Split cheese in half horizontally to make two layers. Set one layer, cut side up, on a plate or, if baking it, in a shallow, ovenproof ramekin or on an ovenproof rimmed plate. Spread cranberry mixture evenly over cheese. Set other layer, cut side down, on filling and press down gently. Arrange nut halves on top. Serve at room temperature (see notes) or warm.
- 4. To serve warm, bake in a 325° regular or convection oven until cheese is warm and beginning to soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve baguette slices alongside.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers