Brie with Cardamom-Scented Clementine Chutney
Serve these savory small bites with roasted turkey or spiral sliced ham instead of Brie, if you like. If Clementines are unavailable, substitute with sweet tangerines or canned mandarin oranges, drained thoroughly. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2621.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 Clementines
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 24 water crackers (cracked pepper or sesame seed)
- 1 350-gram wheel(s) French Brie, cut into 24 wedges
- Zest Clementines, reserving zest in a bowl. Peel and separate into segments and then cut into 1/2-inch pieces, discarding seeds as you go. Transfer to bowl with zest and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook 1 minute more. Add fruit and zest, cardamom, salt and pepper and cook, stirring gently once or twice, until juicy, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Top each cracker with a wedge of Brie and then a dollop of Clementine chutney.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note