Brie Toasts with Spiced Sundried Tomato Compote
Our exclusive holiday brie is something you can keep in the fridge to be ready to entertain any time, whether you serve it simply with crackers or using this easy, but elegant, unique recipe. For a special touch, garnish with toasted slivered or sliced almonds. The topping is so addictive, make extra for roasted chicken or pork, or to spread onto turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2778.
- 8 sundried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) cane sugar
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 24 slices, toasted
- 1 350g wheel(s) Isigny Ste. MÃ¨re French Brie, cut into 24 wedges
- Put tomatoes and 1 cup boiling water into a medium heatproof bowl and set aside to let soak for 5 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid and then drain well; finely chop tomatoes. Toast cardamom and cinnamon in a small pot over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, raisins, wine, salt and sugar and simmer until liquid is almost absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes. Add reserved soaking liquid and simmer again until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes more. Top each baguette slice with a wedge of Brie, and then spoon hot tomato mixture on top. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note