very good and easy. I added a few chopped sun dried tomoatoes, perfect.
Brie Toasts with Eggplant Marmalade
Photo: Karry Hosford
Creamy, buttery Brie is a choice foil for this piquant eggplant marmalade. Serve these vegetarian open-faced sandwiches for lunch, a light dinner, or as appetizers.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 toasts)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 59.3g
- Fiber: 16.9g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 942mg
- Calcium: 231mg
- 6 cups finely chopped eggplant (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices diagonally cut multigrain bread
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in garlic. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Top each slice with 1/4 cup eggplant mixture and 1 slice Brie. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches