Brie Strata with Apricot-Papaya Salsa
Serve with a sweet Sauternes from France.
Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 strata square and 1/3 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 15.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Calcium: 197mg
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2 cups diced peeled papaya
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (15-ounce) round Brie
- 8 cups (1-inch) cubes French bread
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Combine the nectar and apricots in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 2 minutes or until mixture boils; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until apricots soften. Drain apricots, reserving 2 tablespoons nectar; discard remaining nectar. Combine apricots, reserved nectar, papaya, honey, and lime juice; stir gently, and set salsa aside.
- Remove rind from Brie, and discard. Cut Brie into small pieces.
- Arrange half of bread cubes in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of Brie, and sprinkle with half of brown sugar. Repeat procedure with remaining bread, Brie, and brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine milk, salt, egg whites, and eggs; stir well. Pour over bread; press firmly with back of spoon to moisten all bread cubes. Cover; chill 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch