Brie in Puff Pastry with Cranberry Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) fresh cranberries
- 6 tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter/margarine
- 1/3 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 1 whole(s) puff pastry sheet thawed
- 1 wheel(s) Brie Cheese (14-15 oz)
- 2 tablespoon(s) strawberry jelly
- 1 whole(s) egg beaten
- Cranberry Sauce:In a saucepan, mix cranberries, brown sugar and orange juice. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 15-20 min. stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and cranberries are tender. Stir in orange peel, remove from heat.
- In skillet, melt butter over med heat. Cook almonds in buter stirring frequently until golden brown. remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 400. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. On lightly floured surface, roll pastry into 16x9 inch rectangle. Cut out one 8 1/2 inch circle and one 7 inch circle from pastry.
- Place cheese round on center of large circle. Spoon cranberry sauce and some strawberry jelly and almonds over cheese. Bring pastry up and press around side of cheese. Brush top edge of pastry with egg. Place 7 inch circle on top, pressing around edge to seal. Brush top and side of pastry with egg. Cut decorations from remaining pastry and arrange on top. Brush with egg. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 min or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amateurcook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brie in Puff Pastry with Cranberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes