This is very tasty, but I would probably just use swiss cheese when making it again. The brie has less flavor and is more trouble to peel and cube. I would also add mushrooms, sausage and/or spinach for variation.
Brie-and-Veggie Breakfast Strata
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-oz.) Brie round*
- 1 (12-oz.) package sourdough bread loaf, cubed
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil 10 to 12 minutes or just until vegetables are tender and onion slices begin to turn golden.
- 2. Trim and discard rind from Brie. Cut cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 3. Layer a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish with half each of bread cubes, onion mixture, Brie cubes, and Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients; pour half of egg mixture evenly over cheeses. Repeat layers once. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top and set in center.
- *2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note