Brie and Sun-Dried Tomato Fondue
- 8 ounce(s) Brie, rind trimmed and discarded, interior cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- Cubes of French bread or croissants, or focaccia wedges
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 3 tablespoon(s) dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1. Soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain, pat dry and chop, or cut with scissors, into small pieces.
- 2. In a bowl, toss Brie cubes with cornstarch.
- 3. In a large saucepan or flameproof fondue pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cheese mixture, a handful at a time, stirring constantly in a figure-eight motion with a wooden spoon until cheese is melted.
- 5. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and sugar. Mix well. Remove from heat and set up on a fondue stand with a burner if desired. Serve with bread or other dippers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note