I wasn't that crazy about this casserole. I made it exactly as written did need to cook it a little bit longer. Yes, it was easy to make and I love making something I can prepare the night before, but this was just not to my families liking.
Brie-and-Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 (8-ounce) round Brie*
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 6 white sandwich bread slices
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 7 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, shaved Parmesan cheese
- Trim rind from Brie, and discard; cut cheese into cubes, and set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- Cut crusts from bread slices, and place crusts evenly in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Layer evenly with bread slices, sausage, Brie, and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together 5 eggs, 2 cups whipping cream, and next 4 ingredients; pour evenly over cheeses. Cover and chill mixture for 8 hours.
- Whisk together remaining 2 eggs and remaining 1 cup whipping cream; pour evenly over chilled mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until casserole is set. Garnish, if desired.
- * 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This