Brie-and-Caramelized Onion-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This elegant dish features a buttery-tasting melted Brie-and-onion stuffing.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast half and 3 tablespoons sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 44.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine, divided
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cheese cut into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onion; cook 30 minutes or until golden, stirring often. Add sliced garlic, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup wine; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Spoon onion mixture into a bowl; cool. Stir in Brie, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1 1/2 tablespoons onion mixture into pockets.
- 3. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 4. Add 1/3 cup wine, minced onion, sage, and minced garlic to pan. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes; stir in broth. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve sauce with chicken.
- carbo rating: 6
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes