Brian's Sweet Chipotle Chili
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) 80% Lean Ground Chuck
- 1 Diced Medium Yellow or White Onion
- 1.5 cup(s) 50% Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 envelope(s) Williams Chili Seasoning
- 2 can(s) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can(s) Kidney Beans
- 1 can(s) Red Beans
- 1 can(s) Black Beans
- 3 tablespoon(s) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Ketchup
- 1/2 can(s) Chipotle Minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Guajillo Pepper dried
- Set heavy bottom pot on high heat until rocket hot.
- Make a large patty out of meat that will fill the bottom of the pot.
- Season meat with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and sear, salt side down, for about 6 minutes until brown. Season with salt again, flip meat over and brown the other side.
- Add Williams Seasoning and break meat apart with spatula.
- Ladle meat onto a plate and leave fat in the pot.
- Add onion to pot and stir until translucent-about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add garlic, stir until light brown.
- Add Beef Broth and reduce by half.
- Add the meat back into the pot.
- Add strained canned products, Brown Sugar and Ketchup.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- *A dried Guajillo pepper is also nice to simmer with the chili but is optional.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AllisonBloch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brian's Sweet Chipotle Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes