My husband said this is the best chili he has EVER had!
Brian Hansen's Two Alarm Chili from MW Magazine
Tried this recipe at Christmas a few years ago and everyone loved it. Updated by adding 1lb. of Meijer's spicy Chorizo sausage, approx. 2 lbs. ground beef and puréed 2-14.5 cans of fire-roasted, diced tomatoes. Added just enough low-sodium V8 to thin just a tad.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 lb. of Fresh Chorizo sausage (not in tube, but in regular ground meat pkg.)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped (or yellow if you prefer)
- 1/2 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can Bush's medium spicy chili beans with chili gravy.
- 2-14.5 oz. cans diced, fire-roasted tomatoes, pureed
- 2 cups tomato juice (adjust to your liking for overall consistency)
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar/jack cheese or Mexican-Mix cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, corn chips, green onions, avocado, sweet onions, cilantro, and a squirt of lime juice for toppings
- 1. In a 5-6 qt. Dutch oven, cook and stir ground beef, chorizo, onion, and peppers for about 8-10 minutes or until translucent and tender. You may add the salt and pepper here if desired. Drain off the fat from the chorizo if desired. Add minced garlic 30 seconds before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- 2. Stir in undrained beans, puréed tomatoes, tomato juice, chili powder, sugar, red pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes to 2 hrs. stirring occasionally.
- 3. Serve with shredded cheese and your choice of toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauriJC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brian Hansen's Two Alarm Chili from MW Magazine Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes