Bret's Roast Peppered Rib Eye
Community Recipe from
- 5-6 pound(s) boneless beef rib eye roast
- 1/2 cup(s) cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 cup(s) soy sauce
- 3/4 cup(s) vinegar
- Trim excess fat from meat. Combine pepper and cardamom. Rub all over meat and press in with heel of palm. place meat in shallow baking dish. Combine t. paste, paprika and garlic powder; gradually add soy sauce, then vinegar. Carefully pour mixture over meat. Marinade in fridge overnight. Baste with marinade several times while marinading.
- Remove meat from marinade. Let stand at room temp. one hr. Wrap mt. in foil and place in shallow pan. Roast in slow oven 300 degrees for 2 hrs. for med-rare. Open foil; ladle out and reserve drippings. Brown roast, uncovered at 350 while making gravy.
- Gravy ... Strain pan drippings; skim off excess fat. To one cup meat juices, add one cup water, bringing to a boil. Add a little marinade if desired. Serve roast au jus, or thicken gravy with 1 1/2 tble. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water.
- To carverib roast, have butcher remove backbone or saw across base of ribs. remove backbone when cooked.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dianedavid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note