Breakfast Turkey Sausage Patties
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 139
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 4.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 43.5mg
- 1 large Fuji apple
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Peel and core apple; coarsely shred apple with a hand grater. Place in a wire-mesh strainer; drain well, pressing gently with paper towels.
- Combine apple, garlic, and next 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir until blended. Shape mixture into 16 patties (about 2 tablespoons each). Place patties on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, about 6 minutes on each side or until browned and done.
- Note: Make patties ahead by wrapping in wax paper and heavy-duty aluminum foil and freezing up to 2 weeks. Thaw frozen patties overnight in the refrigerator, and cook as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch