This hearty open-faced omelet, called a tortilla, uses potatoes inside instead of serving them on the side. This omelet maximizes flavor with Yukon gold potatoes, fresh tomatoes, and Manchego cheese.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 215mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1/2 pound Yukon gold potato (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Manchego cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool. Peel potato; thinly slice.
- 3. Combine 2 teaspoons chives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, eggs, and egg white in a bowl; stir with a whisk until blended.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an 8-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and potato slices; cook 30 seconds, gently turning potato to coat with oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Press potato mixture with a spatula into a solid layer in bottom of pan. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture; cook 1 minute. Gently stir egg and potato mixture. Press potato back down into bottom of pan; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil. Loosen sides of tortilla from pan; gently slide onto a serving platter. Cut into 4 wedges. Top with tomatoes and remaining 1 teaspoon chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note