A flour tortilla makes it a burrito not a taco (corn tortilla for tacos). But even with a corn tortilla a good solid recipe.
Carolyn says: "Using tongs, hold each tortilla over a gas flame 10 to 20 seconds on each side or until charred. It makes a tremendous difference in flavor."
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 9.4g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- 2 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 (4-oz.) can mild chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (6-inch) slightly charred whole wheat tortillas
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Hot sauce
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, green chiles, cream cheese, pepper, and salt. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet; add egg mixture, and scramble. Divide egg mixture among tortillas. Top each with 1 Tbsp. chopped green onions and hot sauce to taste. Roll up each tortilla, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This