Breakfast Skillet with Green Onion Home Fries
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) red potatoes boiled and quartered
- 4 green onions white and light green portions thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bunch(es) swiss chard, stems and ribs removed, leaves cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 red bell peppers seeded and cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 cup(s) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- In a 10" nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat, melt butter with 1 Tbs. oil. Add potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Add green onions, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute more. Remove from heat; cover with foil.
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat oven to 500.
- In a 12" nonstick fry pan over medium heat, cook chorizo, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 - 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Wipe out pan. Return pan to medium-high heat; warm 1 Tbs. oil. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add chard; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and bell pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in cheese; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Crack eggs over chorizo mixture, spacing them evenly; season with salt and pepper. Transfer pan to oven; bake until eggs are just set, 5 - 6 minutes. Serve immediately with home fries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by naughtymax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Breakfast Skillet with Green Onion Home Fries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch