- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 cups small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Sauté onion and green pepper in bacon drippings until tender. Stir in shrimp; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup water, and simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine flour and remaining water; mix well, and stir into shrimp mixture. Add catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; stir well. Continue to cook over low heat until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
Remove shrimp mixture to a warm serving bowl. Serve immediately with hominy.