Breakfast Sausage Quesadillas
- 1 (12-ounce) package 97% fat-free ground pork sausage
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) container Southwestern-flavored egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 6 (10-inch) whole-wheat or white flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salsa (optional)
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain sausage and pat dry with paper towels. Return to skillet and stir in hot sauce; set aside.
- Cook egg substitute in a large skillet coated with vegetable cooking spray over medium-high heat without stirring 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to set on bottom.
- Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened and moist. (Do not stir constantly.) Remove skillet from heat.
- Spoon sausage, egg substitute, and cheese evenly over half of each tortilla. Fold in half, pressing gently to seal. Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Cook in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, in 3 batches, 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Top evenly with sour cream, green onions, and, if desired, salsa. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Jimmy Dean 97% fat-free sausage and EggBeaters Southwestern.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This