Breakfast Sausage Pizza
Community Recipe from
- 1 pizza dough (fresh or pre-made crust)
- 1 pound(s) breakfast sausage, hot to sprinkle
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 16 ounce(s) salsa
- 8 ounce(s) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- sour cream optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pizza stone on bottom rack of oven and heat for 30 minutes.
- 2. Brown ground sausage in large nonstick skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Wipe skillet clean. Whisk together eggs and pepper; set aside.
- 3. Roll out pizza dough. Sprinkle cornmeal onto pizza stone and slide pizza dough onto the stone. Bake for about 4 minutes.
- 4. While crust is baking, cook eggs in lightly greased skillet over medium heat, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across the bottom of the skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist (do not stir constantly). Remove skillet from heat.
- 5. After crust has baked for about 4 minutes (just until lightly browned and bubbling). Open the oven and carefully spoon and spread salsa evenly over partially baked crust; top evenly with sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese.
- 6. Bake for 8 to 12 more minutes- until crust is deep golden brown. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Breakfast Sausage Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch