Breakfast Sausage-Egg Pizza
Photo: Melina Hammer; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon plain yellow cornmeal
- Mornay Sauce
- 1/2 (1-lb.) package ground pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; lightly coat dough with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or just until doubled in bulk.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Sauté onion and next 2 ingredients in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet 3 to 5 minutes or until onion and bell pepper are crisp-tender.
- 3. Roll dough to about 1/4-inch thickness (about 14 x 10 inches) on a lightly floured surface; cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Brush a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to pan. Spread Mornay Sauce over dough, and sprinkle with sausage and onion mixture. Break eggs over pizza.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until eggs are cooked how you like them and crust is crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note